Get your copy of the SWCHS "Warehouse Edition" Cookbook! This book is packed with 284 recipes from SWCHS parents, staff, and alumni and features over 50 pictures from the "warehouse years" at Peavey Road. Click here for details and an order form and send in by November 30, 2012 to receive it by Christmas. All proceeds benefit the SWCHS Booster Club.
What is Engage?
Engage! is SWCHS’s parent organization. Our vision: Every SWCHS parent engaged in their student’s spiritual growth, educational foundation and social experiences.
At Southwest Christian High School our mascot is the “Stars”! Where did the SWCHS mascot “Stars” originate from?
Philippians 2:14-16a “Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life-…”
Just as there are 5 points to a star, the Engage! focus is fivefold (except for this year as we build our new campus!)
1. Prayer- to encourage the faithful prayer of all parents and students in support of the Lord’s work at the ministry of SWCHS
Team lead: Lisa Stearns
2. Hospitality- to provide food facilitating fellowship as needed at SWCHS events in support of staff and family events
Team lead: Brenda Kirkwood
3. Equipping- to plan educational opportunities for parents to equip them in their role as disciples of Christ and parents of teenagers
Team lead: Tim & Susan Johanson
4. Service- to facilitate opportunities for parents (and students) to serve together especially specifically in needs as they arise at SWCHS
Team lead: Candace Wisely
5. Boosters- to help promote school spirit, sportsmanship and encourage attendance at all SW events, aiding the school staff in organizing and staging special events and projects
Team lead: Chick Meek
6. New Site Ministry-to facilitate ministry to construction teams via food, prayer and other events at our new site
Team Lead: Nancy Lausch
As the vision states above, it is our goal that each parent find a place to engage in their child’s experience in the SWCHS community. Please contact the team lead where you are interested in participating. Email addresses are available in the SW directory.